Supplies I used:
- I have been using ARCHES cold pressed 140 lb watercolor paper. But you can use any heavy duty paper or anything you want.
- Graphite and charcoal pencils
- Full bodied paints in a variety of colours including Golden's Titan buff (nude skin color) black and white.
- I use fluid acrylics in black, white and nude as well.
- Inktense Blocks.
- Inktense ink pencils.
- Faber-Castell black artist pens.
- Gel pens in white and black.
- Papers for collage.
- Matte Medium.
- Golden High Flow Acrylic Paints
- archival ink in black
- letter stamps
These are the art supplies that I just happen to have on hand. You do not necessarily have to have all these things. Being creative is all about improvising and trying out new things. The point is I just begin and let the painting take me on a sweet ride into my imagination, in whatever direction it wants to go."Trust that little voice in your head that says 'Wouldn't it be interesting if...'; And then do it." ~ Duane Michals
So, that is what I do; I trust in the creative process every single time. I never know where that trust will take me. I am merely a vehicle for my connection to my muse!
In this first photo, I have lightly sketched a face. I start by drawing an oval and dividing it in half vertically. Then I draw another line horizontally. I personally like this line to be off the middle mark more towards the lower half. Basically I divide this smaller bottom piece equally in three for the eyes, nose and mouth. I draw two ovals for the eyes. I have a tendency to place these towards the outside of the face, keeping in mind that it looks best if there is atleast a space the size of the eyes between the two. I love big eyes, so I tend to make the ovals quite big. Right off the hop (pun intended...lol) I start giving detail to the eyes, eyebrows nose and lips. For the lips I usually start with two circles above the line and a bigger oval below and then line around them.
So what are you waiting for? Get creating! You are born to do this!
Don't forget to leave a comment below this blog post and share it on your social medias to be entered into the draw for the give-away of our book Warrior Love! It is a special edition because it is signed by three of the four artists involved in the making. Also, Warrior Love is a journal, so you get to be involved in the making of the book as well! Lots of luck to you all! I will do the draw on Friday July 18th and post it here, so don't forget to come and check! There just might be a surprise waiting for you here! xo
July Schedule to be e
- Tuesday 8: Guada from http://guadasartplace.blogspot.com.ar/
- Wednesday 9: Sigga Dis http://siggadisart.blogspot.com.ar/
- Thursday 10: Michelle Reynols http://shellsinthebush.blogspot.com.ar/
- Friday 11: Lisa Scott http://floppinflower.com/blog/
- Saturday 12: Cary Cutler Scholes http://www.mamaneeds2create.blogspot.com.ar/
- Sunday 13: Prerna Poojara http://artoholicslair.blogspot.in/
- Monday 14: Gracielu Howes http://www.redbarn-studios.com/myblog/
- Tuesday 15: Jeanette McDonald http://jeanettemacdonaldart.com/jeanettes-blog.html
- Main theme: Faces
- Optional theme: Color scheme: Yellow Ochre, Blue green and Red Violet + black and white
Hope you had fun!